Tomorrow will be our LAST session of the season so don’t miss it! The weather forecast looks a bit wet during the day but it should (hopefully) have cleared up by 6pm.
The government’s latest update to the Covid-19 rules, announced today, includes a restriction on indoor sports for no more than six people. This means that our planned indoor softball sessions will be cancelled until the restrictions are lifted.
Thankfully, we have protocols in place to allow us to safely continue to play softball outside. BSUK made the following statement last week regarding the situation:
BaseballSoftballUK is pleased to confirm that there are no new restrictions or sanctions on playing baseball and softball outdoors in England at this time. Activity for up to 30 participants maximum remains permitted as long as all involved continue to comply with existing, pre-approved protocols. These protocols and resources are published and freely available for all to access on our Return to Play hub: https://www.baseballsoftballuk.com/returntoplay
While we are still allowed to play, it’s more important than ever to follow the social distancing and hygiene protocols we have in place. So far, all of our players have been adhering to the rules. Thank you all for your cooperation.
Tomorrow evening will be our last session this season! With indoor softball cancelled indefinitely, don’t miss out! Come and join us tomorrow at Preston Park from 6pm and let’s PLAY BALL!
Our postponed AGM will be taking place on Wednesday 7th October starting at 7:00pm. Due to the current rules regarding social gatherings, this will take place online via Zoom. More details will be sent out soon, but please mark the details in your calendars and do your best to attend if possible. I will be departing at the end of this year, so this will be an extremely important meeting where we will be electing a new president, treasurer and committee to lead our club for the next year.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please let me know.
I hope to see you tomorrow!
PLEASE DON’T FORGET – If you want to attend tomorrow’s session, you’ll need to complete the Return to Play Survey to register as a club member. You’ll also need to complete and return an “Opt In” form for the NHS Track & Trace programme.
You will NOT be permitted to participate until you have completed BOTH of these. You can either sign and email back the “Opt in” form or else bring it with you to tomorrow’s session.
Link to “Opt in” Form
Indoor Softball cancelled until further notice
Due to the new restrictions on indoor sports, we will not be able to hold our indoor softball sessions until the restrictions are lifted.
Please read the following important information
All of BSUK’s Return to Play information can be found here:
Medically High Risk groups as defined by the NHS (see link below) are discouraged from putting themselves at risk in line with Government guidelines. (see link below). BaseballSoftballUK recommends they do not participate in softball activity.
Please note the following protocols which must be followed by all participants this season:
– Check for symptoms of Covid-19. If you are symptomatic and/or living in a household with a possible infection, you must remain at home and follow Government guidance.
– All participants MUST complete and sign our “Opt in” form for NHS Track & Trace.
– All participants MUST register attendance at each session they attend
– Follow Government guidance on public transport or car-sharing.
– Limit the time spent congregating before activity begins. Participants should arrive changed and ready to begin.
– Adhere to social distancing EXCEPT when the ball is in play: any close proximity and face-to-face interactions must be kept to an absolute minimum and for the shortest time possible.
– Adhere to social distancing on sidelines.
– Disinfect all personal equipment before and after warming up and before the game (alcohol wipes will be available at all sessions).
– Bring your own hand sanitiser where possible, use it and wash your hands regularly (hand sanitiser will be available at all sessions).
– Players must use hand sanitiser prior to warming up with equipment or the game itself.
– Players must avoid sharing equipment and use their own helmet, glove, mitt, batting gloves, bat, etc., where possible. Sharing of equipment is discouraged and items disinfected between use if shared.
– Spectators are discouraged and must adhere to social distancing if present.
– If a player fails to reach base while batting, they must pick up their own bat (by the handle) upon leaving the field.
– If a player gets on base while batting, the on-deck batter must remove the bat (by the barrel).
– Sharing bats is discouraged. If shared, they must be disinfected between uses.
– Balls must be disinfected after warm up and prior to each inning.
– Balls used in tag plays should be taken out of play and disinfected immediately before being returned to play.
– Catchers must be positioned a minimum of 1m behind the batter.
– If the umpire assesses that in calling balls and strikes, a 1m+ distance from the catcher can be regularly maintained, no mitigations are necessary. Otherwise, umpires may choose to call balls and strikes from behind the pitcher, without need for face coverings.
– Players should bring individual drinks containers and refrain from sharing drinks with other players.
– Chewing gum, tobacco or seeds, spitting into gloves/mitts, licking fingers, smoking or vaping not permitted.
AFTER THE EVENT
– Socialise after the event in line with current Government guidelines on hospitality.
– Report any subsequent Covid-19 case of self of household to the NHS and your event organiser.
That’s all for now folks!
STAY SAFE & PLAY BALL!