Here’s what’s coming up for the Beachcombers!
* TAKEPART IN THE CITY – THIS THURSDAY (3RD JULY) 17:00 – 20:00: Taking place in the streets of Brighton is this year’s Takepart Festival. We did this last year and had a lot of fun! We’re looking for people to volunteer some time on Thursday evening to come and throw a ball with people/show them how to use the batting wand and generally show everyone how awesome we are! If you have some time to spare this Thursday, let us know and join us at our stall!
* WIT – 19-20TH JULY: We’re mere weeks away from this tournie and still have spaces for 2 girls and 2 guys to give us 5/5. Although this is the Windsor tournament, it’s being held at Farnham Park near Slough. Some of us Beachcombers have taken the luxury option of booking into a hotel for the Saturday night, so if you want to get in and don’t feel like camping, see if there are any spaces in the Copthorne Hotel…
* “HIT AND RUN 2” – 7th SEPTEMBER: Still spaces for this tournament…though also still a long way off! Check your diaries and get back to us! The tournament is predominantly aimed at Rookies or players new to our team and with only eight teams participating altogether, is guaranteed to have a brilliant atmosphere…If you’ve not been to any tournaments this could be the one for you!!!
* RECBALL (AKA LASTBALL) – 21st SEPTEMBER: This will be the FINAL TOURNAMENT of our season and is always a lot of fun as most teams consider this to be the last opportunity for a tournie so are there to have fun.
If you want to be included in any of our teams for the above tournaments LET US KNOW ASAP. The standard tournament fee is a bargain at £10 per day which is a ridiculously cheap when you think about how much you will learn and how much fun you will definitely have!
* CAR PARKING: We definitely can’t park where we have been anymore, and are still yet to hear from the Parkview medical centre, so for the time being please continue to leave you cars at the top of the park, or on the street opposite which has free on street parking…
* LEWES RAFT RACE 10TH AUGUST: Planning for this got underway at the pub last week, and is still in the early stages! But I’m reliably told by our Australian rookie and raft builder extraordinaire Lauren that we’re in need of some 44 gallon drums (?!) and some pallets. If you can source any raw materials for us, let me know!! There are also plenty of opportunities to get involved with this, so head over to our Facebook event page and sign up!!!
That’s all for this week guys! Let me know if you are able to play in any of the tournies or willing to help out in this year’s Takepart!