Take Part in the City, Brighton, Thursday 3rd July
Next Thursday is Take Part in the City, on New Road (by the Theatre Royal) between 17:00-20:00…
CAN YOU HELP?!?
We need people to come down, throw some balls and show them how amazing we are, rope them in and sign them up to our amazing softball club!
Let me know if you’re free and happy to lend a helping hand…we could sure use it!!
Perhaps we can all go for some grub afterwards?
We also want to tell you now the upcoming tournaments we have entered to start sorting our teams out…
* WIT – 19-20TH JULY: Held at Farnham Park near Slough. 2014 marks the 25th anniversary of this particular tournament, so they are determined to make it a special occasion for everyone involved. There are over 60 teams taking part, with the possibility of a fireworks display on the Saturday night! AMAZING!!!
* BRISTOL wRECk – 16-17th AUGUST: Those of you that have seen the facebook page will know that we are NOT entering a team into Bristol this year. Our name is second on the reserve list apparently…however; it is highly unlikely that we will get in. We should know by next weekend, so watch this space…
* “HIT AND RUN 2” – 7th SEPTEMBER: This will be the first time that we enter this tournament which is being held in Maidenhead. The tournament is predominantly aimed at Rookies or players new to our team and is guaranteed to be a lot of fun regardless of how long you’ve been playing for…There are only eight teams in this tournie, so it should have a lovely relaxed and informal atmosphere…
* RECBALL (AKA LASTBALL) – 21st SEPTEMBER: This is the FINAL TOURNAMENT of the season, and is usually held near Portsmouth, though the venue is yet to be confirmed. This is always a brilliant day, simply because everyone that goes knows this will be the final opportunity to experience tournament softball!
Sooooooooo….if you want to be included in any of our teams for the above tournaments LET US KNOW ASAP so we can start working on our teams. The standard tournament fee is £10 per day which is a tiny price to pay considering the amount you will learn and how much fun you are promised to have!
* CAR PARKING: – Those of you at practice this Wednesday will have seen the frantic scramble to move our cars half way through the evening. The council have asked us to kindly refrain from parking our cars where we normally do…so, I’ve approached the Parkview medical building to see if we can park there (great suggestion Bridge!) I’m yet to hear back from them, so in the meantime I strongly advise anyone that drives to park at the top of the park. This is a pay and display area normally, but it’s free after 16:00 so we should be good. If you’re not sure where we mean, let us know and we will direct you.