Great week of Softball last week! Lots of new faces, which is always brilliant to see…even better is that the new players seem to have the potential to be AMAZING players!!!!!!! Exciting times!!
Anyways, here’s a look at what’s coming up in the Beachcomber’s future…
* SUSSEX SOFTBALL SERIES: – The first of this season’s Sussex Softball Series is rapidly approaching!! Game 1 will be SUNDAY JUNE 8th in Chichester with an 11:00 start. Let us know if you are wanting to part of the Beachcomber team to take the Falcons down!!!
* COTSWOLDS SPRING TOURNAMENT: – For the first time ever, the Beachcombers have entered into the Cotswold’s spring tournament on SUNDAY JUNE 15TH! Not just that, but we are going to be trying something a little different for it too…we are looking to hire out a mini-bus to all travel down together, and as well as this, we will be staying in a hotel as a team the night before! The cost for this is looking likely to be around £40 each…which gets you entry to the tournament, a seat on the bus AND a room with two of your fellow team mates!!! If this sounds like something you want to get involved with, LET US KNOW!! It will be a BRILLIANT weekend of guaranteed laughs and fabulous softball!!!
* BASEBALL NIGHTS: A few people have asked us about hosting an evening to watch a game of baseball. This is something we are looking into and will be in touch in the near future with dates and venues for the first of these to take place…
* LADIES NEEDED!!! The Tigers are still looking for girls to help them out with their tournament teams this season. They are heading to the following tournaments:
- Diamond 2: 14/15th June
- Leeds: 28/29th June
- Labour Day: 13/14th September (this is in Leicester)
So if any of our incredible ladies want to help them out, let me know and I will pass your details on to them…
The weather for tonight’s practice is looking a bit sketchy, so remember the golden rule: practice goes ahead unless it’s raining heavily at 6pm. Come prepared to get wet and muddy, though we may retire early to the Signalman pub.